A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our around 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
If you are looking to develop your career within a company committed to improving lives through breakthroughs in Science and Innovation, then this could be the role for you. We are looking for a Health Economic and Outcome Research Manager with great potential to join our UK & ROI HEOR team. The work will be exciting, and our pipeline is robust. There will plenty of opportunities for the person in this role to challenge themselves with different and hugely important projects.
The Health Economist will be an autonomous and integral member of the UK Market Access Department’s extended team, helping build robust economic value propositions for our companies medicines, leading and contributing to the inception and development of Health Technology Assessment activities for a robust pipeline, as well as helping to support the development of economic tools to support inline products.
Key accountabilities include:
- Concurrent HTA submissions (UK & ROI) for pipeline products through from the initial interactions with HTA bodies to final defence of submission dossiers
- Key contribution to economic model development for UK and Ireland HTA submissions, ensuring that deliverables are consistent with global medical and commercial strategy and delivered to high standards of UK and Ireland HTA requirements
- Coordination and project management of the writing and delivery of high-quality HTA dossiers from vendors
- Partnership to identify local evidence gaps and (working with real world evidence expert) incept, manage and deliver associated research to fill these
- Identify and provide real world evidence solutions to strengthen HTA submissions and post launch value messaging by ensuring the evidence planning, development and appropriate scientific methods are selected
- Supporting the development of economic tools for marketed products
- Contribute to the preparation and presentation of abstracts, posters and manuscripts to support Merck’s scientific footprint
The Health Economist will need to build strong working relationships both within the UK with key stakeholders (Oncology and Neurology Business Unit Directors, UK Head of Pricing and UK medical colleagues) and with Global and European teams to develop Health Economic models, associated deliverables and value arguments to meet UK HTA requirements.
- Degree qualified in a relevant field of study
- Experience of working as a Health Economist or HTA Specialist
- Experience of working either within a HEOR Agency or within a Pharma or Biotech company
- Experience in completing HTA submissions in the UK and Ireland would be advantageous
- Real World Evidence or Real World Data experience in the UK
We are a company committed to developing talent at all levels. The career prospects within this role can lead to a variety of paths in the future depending on an individuals aspirations.
To all recruitment agencies/suppliers: we are lucky enough to receive fantastic applications and have an in house recruitment team. Therefore unless you are formally requested by a member of the in house recruitment team to support us and then given access to our portal you are not engaged to work with Merck. Please do not contact hiring managers directly or send speculative profiles or CVs – we will not accept these as an introduction and you will not be paid any fee or considered for our preferred supplier list.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com