A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
In collaboration with the Integrated Systems Business and the Software Automation groups, you will build and execute the Integrated Systems & Automation roadmap through the evolution of our Digital and Integrated Systems offering. Through this you will establish and grow a strong understanding of how our systems need to be controlled to best support our customers in establishing data-driven, connected and controlled manufacturing of biotherapeutics.
- Develop a holisitic systems control and automation strategy across scales & unit operations.
- Define a concise plan for how to manage the life cycle of current automation & control platform and the transfer to new automation & control platform.
- Lead & coordinate the execution of the automation & control strategy and life cycle plan with Integrated Systems product management (systems & services) as well as software automation and analytics Marketing and Development.
- Manage the Product development planning and execution towards launch of automation products in defined scope, schedule, quality and costs.
- Work with the Digital Products business lead for the alignment of the product strategy across multiple focus areas.
- Work with the Enterprise Architecture & Innovation groups to align on the Control & Automation architecture towards new product development and execution.
- Scouting for new technologies to solve our customers BioManufacturing / BioProcess Development challenges.
- Identify and define product requirements that align to product strategy for moderately complex problems.
- Define and author functional and non-functional technical requirements for the products.
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Engineering (e.g. Chemical, Mechanical, Electrical, or closely related discipline).
- 3+ years of experience in product management, strategic marketing, field marketing or sales.
- Strong knowledge of existing Control Systems & Automation products (MES, SCADA, PLC) across multiple suppliers.
- Experience in development and/or commercialization of automated manufacturing equipment and software products.
- Strong analytical skills; including the ability to interpret business needs into application and operational requirements via user stories and acceptance criteria.
- Ability to collaborate within a complex international network of functions and stakeholders (Integrated Systems product area, software and automation engineering team, Field Services, Quality, Operations).
- Ability to travel internationally (up to 30%).
- MBA is a plus.
- Strong awareness of the Industry 4.0 concepts and its applications is a big plus.
- Practical expertise in biopharmaceutical development and/or manufacturing is a big plus.
- Knowledge of FDA Regulatory Issues for the Pharmaceutical and Biologics, specifically cGMP, GAMP, and CFR is preferred.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.