A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Become a member of a global regulatory compliance team and exercise your knowledge of dangerous goods transportation in the complex environment of hazardous materials distribution. Act at a local level by overseeing the dangerous goods compliance program at site warehouse operations, and also at a global level by participating in, or leading, large scale international projects. As the Regulatory Expert, you are well versed in IATA/49CFR/IMDG regulations with the confidence and autonomy to implement a robust dangerous goods compliance program at our newest west coast distribution facility. In addition to overseeing the local compliance operations, you will have the opportunity to participate in a wide variety of implementation and enhancement projects, both domestic and international in scope.
Who you are:
- College degree required.
- 5+ years of experience with dangerous goods regulations required, strong data analysis skills required.
- Sound knowledge of UN regulations concerning dangerous goods transport and packaging.
- Professional expertise in DG classification (DOT, RID/ADR, IATA, IMO).
- Strong project management and communication skills; willingness to work cooperatively within a global team.
- Must be able and willing to travel domestically and internationally; up to 30% travel may be required.
- Pre-Employment testing requirements: standard.
- Physical Requirements (PPE, lifting): must be able to perform the essential duties required to monitor and support a compliance program in a warehouse environment.
- Degree in science or supply chain logistics, preferred.
- Previous work experience in a warehouse setting preferred but not required.
- Knowledge of RID/ADR classification is preferred.
- Team spirit, outstanding initiative, reliability and accuracy.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.