A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
The Manufacturing Technician I position will work in a cleanroom environment and adhere to cGMP batch records and SOPs to manufacture viral vector products (including cGMP biopharmaceutical cell culture, buffer and medium preparation, membrane clarification, membrane concentration and buffer exchange, column purification, terminal filtration, Fill and Finish, stocking supplies and raw materials, and cleaning process equipment). Employees will support projects in conjunction with other GMP Manufacturing personnel (Leads, Supervisors, Managers). Employees are expected to prepare suites for manufacturing, to document deviations, and to operate in a safe and compliant manner. The employee must be self-motivated, work well in a group, and communicate well with all levels of the operations team.
The employee may frequently be required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities by this job include close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. The employee must have the ability to perform very complex tasks with attention to detail.
Who You Are
- Bachelor of Science degree OR HS Diploma/GED and 5+ years’ work experience in a cGMP clean room environment performing aseptic manufacturing operations.
- 1+ years of knowledge of biology and chemistry
- 3+ years of experience working knowledge of desktop computers and technical equipment (MS Office)
- 1+ years of experience understanding of cGMP/GDP concepts
- 1+ years of experience with sterile cell culture and aseptic operations in a BSC/LFH (Biological Safety Cabinet, Laminar Flow Hood)
- 1+ years of experience vial thaw, cell expansion, harvest, and basic troubleshooting of cell culture systems
- Experience with filtration, TFF (UF/DF), column chromatography, sterile final filtration.
- Experience with Media and Buffer preparation.
- Experience with sterile fill filtration of media, buffers, and drug products preferred.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.