A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our around 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
A great role has opened up to join our compliance team. We are hiring a Head of Compliance for the English & Portuguese Speaking Africa (EPA) cluster who will report to the Head of Compliance Middle East & Africa Region and work in close collaboration with the Managing Director for English Portuguese Africa.
As head of the function you will implement, expand and maintain a state-of-the-art Compliance program in particular but not limited to the healthcare sector. The role is to support regional and country organizations to ensure all employees in the region comply with the company’s Integrity policies, Anti-Bribery, Privacy, Healthcare and Pharma specific codes of conducts through conducting extensive trainings, setting forth appropriate processes and monitoring systems. You will also work closely with regional, local functions and organizations to support regional growth strategy in emerging markets with a business oriented and compliant sound approach. Proactively support and drive needed monitoring and control systems, compliance reviews and process changes across the region. And support regional and country teams to develop and update policies, procedures and guidelines plus incorporate country specific requirements to the company’s regional and global compliance initiatives.
You will act as a trusted advisor and be in charge of developing and maintaining major compliance metrics and drive operational mechanisms. Help design, develop and support business/Middle East & Africa compliance teams to increase awareness of compliance matters and ensure relevant functions of EPA organization receive appropriate level compliance trainings in a timely manner across the EPA cluster.
In addition to the above, you will handle compliance issues by conducting investigations, analyzing facts and producing though and well documented conclusions, support regional and local functions in audit and ongoing internal monitoring processes. Plus support in coordinating and maintaining third party business compliance processes and help to make sure that robust due diligence processes are conducted.
Who you are:
• Preferably holder of a law degree from a reputable national/international university. LL.M is an asset. Compliance professionals with pharmaceutical background will be considered.
• Minimum 5 years of working experience in professional or corporate environment. Extensive knowledge and minimum 3 years working experience in Compliance.
• Experience in pharma, healthcare organizations or consultancy firms supporting healthcare and/or pharma industry clients is preferred. Working across multiple countries in regional level is an asset and previous experience implementing change at a large scale (introduction of a new process/policy, influencing different layers of the organization, trainings) makes a significant difference.
• Strong project management and prioritization skills with process focus, ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and priorities with a strong compliance sound and business oriented approach.
• Up to 20% of travel across the region (18 countries in English & Portuguese Africa Cluster)
• Priority will be given to EE candidates
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com