A career with EMD Serono is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Serono is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
The role of Director Global Strategic Marketing MAVENCLAD will, in close collaboration with other members of the MAVENCLAD cross functional global, regional and local launch teams, drive the development of the global marketing strategy for MAVENCLAD and ensure the translation of the strategy into effective promotional programs and tools. This individual will drive the values that comprise the EMD Serono culture and support the Company’s vision for the Neurology & Immunology franchise and will execute against the launch and life-cycle plan to meet the broader corporate objectives.
As a key contributor to the MAVENCLAD global team, the main task/core activities of the role are listed below:
- Development, implementation and evolution of the brand’s global marketing strategy
- Drive translation of the strategy into effective promotional programs and tools.
- Support annual Global Brand Planning Process for MAVENCLAD
- Ensure that regions/countries understand the global strategy and ensure it is implemented locally. Develop recommendations for the countries/regions. Participate in strategy adjustments according to local needs
- Lead key large-scale, high impact projects and ensure proper identification and management of project risks
- Serve as key source of knowledge of the therapeutic area, the product (s), the competition and the factors that may change the market in the future. Monitor competitive trends and drive appropriate action to better position the brand.
- Manage vendor partnerships, including global advertising agency of record, to ensure tactical elements are properly executed in a timely manner and within budget
- Manage all corresponding marketing budgets
- Ensure that the marketing processes, programs, and internal reports are developed, implemented, and effectively administered to be consistent with corporate guidance and all regulatory, legal, ethical guidelines
- Support the Global Launch Lead in defining strategy, stakeholder management and overall launch leadership topics.
Who You Are:
- BA/BS or equivalent
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- 10+ years of experience in Specialty and Pharmaceutical Marketing
- Previous global launch and/or regional launch experience required
- Experience in leading/influencing cross-functional teams
- Ability to lead and influence within a matrix environment
- Deep understanding of pharmaceutical market dynamics and stakeholders and a demonstrated ability to manoeuvre within a changing environment
- Demonstrated success in executing brand strategies from vision to conceptualization to commercialization
- Proven track record of launching products globally
- Team leadership and teamwork ability within and outside of the company as indicated by a track record of effectively leading significant, performance-focused teams without necessarily having direct hierarchical responsibility over them
- Manage by influence rather than authority
- Natural inclination for teamwork and ability to contribute constructively to discussions beyond the strict scope of responsibility
- Strategic thinking and experience in developing marketing strategies with a clear business and customer orientation including patient centricity
- Ability to work in a complex matrix organization, ability to build and maintain effective relationships with a wide range of external and diverse internal stakeholders
- Problem-solving: able to take creative approaches to problem solving and challenge the status quo where needed Profile
- Routine office work
- Ability to manage meetings/teleconferences/web meetings across global time zones
- Ability to travel 50%+ of time (domestic and international)
- Experience in MS and Neurology and Immunology diseases highly preferred
- MBA preferred but not required
- Meets challenges consistently and confidently with energy and drive. Motivated by results, urgency and personal commitment
- Possesses high integrity and exceptional work ethic. Fosters mutual trust and respect, and is an excellent team player
- Able to work effectively in a highly complex matrix environment, with a proven ability to influence without formal authority and achieve results through people
- Understands the link between excellence in data acquisition/warehousing/insights, and how to leverage this as a competitive advantage in the marketplace
- Applies effective communication techniques, engages in focused dialogue, and demonstrates good listening skills
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
- Outstanding oral, written and communication skills with the ability to present to small and large groups and deal with unexpected questions and challenges while presenting
- Excellent and proven project management skills
- Advanced software skills, particularly MS Excel and Powerpoint.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.