A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our around 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
You will be a part of the Global Hosting Operations Team which focuses on providing a dynamic and stable platform for the company’s various scientific goals. Our group is responsible for Unix&Linux operations that provide a highly available and secure infrastructure for a multitude of workloads. You will work closely with various teams to ensure efficient operation of daily activities, drive continuous improvement efforts of products and processes and provide guidance on cloud best practices to internal customers and external vendors. In this role, you will also participate in exciting projects and take responsibility in reviewing and evaluating new products, features, and services. Technologies include but are not limited to Redhat (RHEL) / SUSE (SLES), Ansible
Who you are:
You are self-motivated, always curious, and focused to deliver technology solutions and excellent customer experiences.
4 to 8 years of experience into one of Redhat (RHEL)/ Suse (SLES) servers operating systems support - infrastructure support
Linux systems performance analysis and Tuning
High Availability Cluster solution - pacemaker activities
LDAP server experience
Experience with any two of Kickstart / SUSE manager / RHEL satellite/spacewalk
Shell scripting ksh / bash / python / perl
Ability to work in complex and international remote teams and handle multiple tasks & projects simultaneously
ITIL certification, ServiceNow, HPSM desirable
Knowledge of Docker desired
Willingness to work in shifts (Rotational)
• 4+ Years’ experience with Linux system administration environments
• Advanced English Skill to effectively communicate in a global team (oral & written)
• Ability to communicate and build relationships with technical and business teams Preferred Requirements
• Excellent analytical, problem-solving and communication skills (both oral & written)
• You have some years’ experience in a Linux OS administration role
• You have experience in one or more scripting & configuration languages, Python, bash, perl, Ansible, Terraform
• You have a good grasp of fundamental security concepts with hands-on experience in implementing security controls and compliance requirements
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com