The Sourcing Expert will based in Rio de Janeiro (Brazil) and will be the Sourcing Packaging Expert responsible for a portfolio of packaging related spend categories for our Rio Pharmaceutical Production site and packaging operations site in Montevideo (Uruguay). The Expert is accountable for the performance of the packaging suppliers and coordination of sourcing projects with the stakeholders (Supply chain and Quality). You should be experienced in extensive cross-functional collaboration and use of strategic sourcing best practices to maximize value in terms of supply risk reduction, supplier management and cost savings. The role holder conducts external spend and market analyses, identifies opportunities, develops category strategies, negotiates contracts and manages key supplier relationships. The role holder is an energetic, flexible team player capable of forming strong relationships throughout the entire organization, in addition to successfully leveraging resources, processes and tools to achieve desired outcomes.
You will be responsible for:
- Lead strategic sourcing initiatives with internal business partners and Corporate Category lead
- Accountable for Packaging Category at plant level
- Ensure implementation of strategies in a coordinated way in the production site.
- Gather and analyses spend in related areas within your category and drive sourcing strategies and initiatives
- Build and manage internal customer relationships and satisfaction, understanding business requirements as input into enterprise-wide sourcing efforts
- Lead supplier selection and recommendation activities including qualitative and quantitative analysis, selection criteria, long and short lists, RFI and RFP development and analysis. Monitors the cost, schedule and performance aspects of Key suppliers.
- Engage in supplier contract negotiations to drive year on year cost down, supply performance and reduction of risks
- Oversee high level risk management activities and gain risk management expertise for respective category areas
- Participate and coordinate tenders for specific group sub packaging categories
- Drive supply security and cost savings projects to ensure timely implementation
- Supplier Relationship Management engagement through regular business reviews with suppliers involving the relevant stakeholders
- Escalation path for supply chain and quality groups to support delivery expediting and/or quality matters to ensure supply continuity
- Identity and promote potential supply market innovation proposing them to the stakeholders
Who you are:
- Bachelor's degree required
- Portuguese, fluent business English written and spoken is a must and Spanish is a plus.
- Relevant work experience in a large multi-national organization, preferably in the biotech/pharmaceutical industry
- Experience in strategic sourcing/category management, conducting cross-functional sourcing projects and negotiating contracts for direct materials category
- Technical background in Packaging Materials (printed, plastics, carton) required and experience in management of Change Control procedures.
- Sourcing Strategy development experience
- Sourcing Business Partner for production site