A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our around 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
As Analyst you will be part of the Process Solutions Services team that designs and delivers Viral Clearance validation studies for biopharmaceutical companies across the APAC region. In this role you will conduct routine tasks to support GLP/ GMP operations, perform cell culture and virus titration assays, and maintain the testing laboratories and equipment in the validated state. You will carry out client studies with appropriate regulatory compliance under the oversight of the Study Director. You will also train on routine client activities including virus spiking, sample preparation and viral inactivation operations. The Analyst will work closely with the scientists and laboratory personnel to execute client studies on time and right first time. The post holder will be able to perform the following functions.
Brief role description:
- Works within the Viral Clearance laboratories following Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and relevant compliance regulations
- Performs cell culture and virus titration assays to ensure routine studies are completed on time
- Accurately and promptly records data to meet appropriate scientific and GLP/GMP regulatory standards
- Supports client activities including virus spiking, sample preparation, manipulation and virus inactivation as required
- Performs routine peer review of raw data records as required
- Carries out housekeeping, maintains reagent stock in the laboratory and order consumables through i-procurement
- Performs environmental and personnel monitoring activities as required
- Ensures a safe and healthy work environment at all times by not only complying with but actively embracing health and safety policies and procedures, ensuring the safety of yourself and others within the workplace
- Ensures equipment is maintained in the validated state and works with facility department to ensure timely implementation of periodic maintenance and calibration.
- Informs relevant personnel immediately when any deviation has occurred during routine testing
- Proactively implements improvements to laboratory processes in accordance with 5S principles
- Revises SOP’s and lab records as required
- Maintains Laboratory SOP books according to Good Documentation Practice requirements
Who You Are:
- Degree/Diploma in Biology/Biological Sciences/Life Sciences or relevant scientific subject
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience in a scientific laboratory role, ideally within a contract testing laboratory environment
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience in cell culture and/or virology
- Previous experience working in a regulated environment (GLP/GMP) would be advantageous
- Computer literacy and entry of data into databases (LIMS, ELN, SAP, etc.)
- Ability to complete documentation (both handwritten and electronic) neatly and accurately
- Adheres to health and safety procedures and actively takes necessary action when encountering unsafe situations
- Adheres to SOPs and protocols, and ensures compliance to site policies and regulation
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com