A career with EMD Serono is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Serono is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Who we are:
EMD Serono is the North American biopharma brand of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany - a leading science and technology company - focused exclusively on specialty care. For more than 40 years, the brand has integrated cutting-edge science, innovative products and industry-leading patient support and access programs. EMD Serono has deep expertise in neurology, fertility and endocrinology, as well as a robust pipeline of potential therapies in oncology, immuno-oncology and immunology as R&D focus areas.
Your role: The Senior Product Manager will support marketing of EMD Serono's Multiple Sclerosis (MS) franchise to healthcare professionals with a primary emphasis on launch execution. In this role, the successful candidate will make significant contributions and be responsible for developing and implementing healthcare professional marketing initiatives post launch. Primary responsibilities will include identifying market needs and trends, executing promotional plans, partnering with the sales team and working cross-functionally.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Develop marketing tools, programs, and services post launch that drive success against the brand strategies
- Create digital assets, including websites, SEO/SEM, banners and email campaigns
- Develop & implement programs, collateral materials for communications to HCPs
- Develop & implement peer-to-peer programs, collateral materials, teleconferences, speaker training, key opinion leader development, slide development, competitive responses.
- Build relationships with key internal and external customers for successful execution of projects.
- Work in close collaboration with field sales and sales training to insure successful development and implementation of programs, tools, and services with consistent marketing messages.
- Conduct field visits and attend peer-to-peer programs, as necessary, to evaluate effectiveness of marketing programs, tools and services.
- Manage budgets and judiciously prioritize tactics based on potential value to the brand.
- Collaborate with Market Insights on the development of research tools and analysis of results to understand market dynamics and trends. Stay abreast of ongoing clinical development for the brands.
- Refine and enhance marketing strategy and tactics based on market experience, evolving competitive dynamics, new clinical data, and market research/business intelligence findings.
- Evaluate on an ongoing basis, core strategies, programs and results of our competitors and create plans that place the brand in a competitive position.
- Align activities to brand strategy: Work with assigned Area Business Directors (ABDs) and other account team members to analyze market dynamics and how to best execute the brand strategies
- Oversee the conceptualization, development, production, and rollout of any materials/initiatives created to address market needs (includes effective management of assigned budget)
- Familiarity / Proficiency with internal processes related to Marketing, including Medical/Legal/Regulatory review of promotional material, Compliance, Finance/budgets, strategy development, and tactical planning and execution
Who you are:
- BA/BS required
- Minimum of 4 years of related experience in pharmaceutical/biotech industry
- Previous pharmaceutical/biotech marketing experience required
- Experience managing vendors and contractors
- Demonstrate strong knowledge of the digital asset development
- Experience managing vendors, contractors and budget
- Strong project management experience
- Understanding of marketing principles
- Knowledge of customer loyalty and/or customer satisfaction measures
- Experience in specialty, Neurology and/or Multiple Sclerorsis Markets, Experience in niche market and competitive environments
- Experience managing products and projects
- Strong understanding of market research and analysis
- A proven track record in influencing without authority is required
- Collaborative work style and familiarity with core operating function (sales, marketing, regulatory, legal, medical, global marketing and co-promotion partners).
- Ability to work in a high functioning, fast-paced, global business environment.
- Strong communication skills (written and spoken) and an ability to translate clinical information into succinct and high impact marketing messages
- Excellent presentation skills
- Ability to analyze competitive landscape and key brand issues
- Ability to translate key brand drivers into executable strategies and tactics
- Must be flexible in dealing with ambiguity within a dynamic marketplace
- Must possess the ability to multi-task and have superior organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Proven success driving cross-functional projects
- Ability to present to small and large groups and deal with unexpected questions and challenges while presenting
- Meets challenges consistently and confidently with energy and drive. Motivated by results, urgency and personal commitment. Possesses high integrity and exceptional work ethic. Fosters mutual trust and respect.
- Basic to intermediate level of skill in Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Willing to travel up to 30% of time
- MBA or advanced degree
- Previous launch experience
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.