A career with EMD Serono is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Serono is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Reporting to the Global Head of Internal Communications and Employee Engagement for Healthcare, this individual will have ownership of key communications areas within the Healthcare business to provide our employee base with business updates and information, as well as ensuring key messaging and strategic communications campaigns. Specifically, this person will focus efforts on developing and executing a communications strategy partnering with our Oncology franchise, R&D organization, Government Affairs, Strategy, new product launches, and senior leadership engagements with our broader population. This role focuses heavily on the utilization of our communications channels including but not limited to EVA, email, digital displays, LCDs, printed collateral and podcasts, as well as the development of new tactics and delivery methods to help inform our colleagues. This individual will serve as an interface for our partners in other communications areas, stakeholders in key funcations as well as the CEO Office.
- Partner with Communications colleagues to pull through and tailor internal campaigns and programming to ensure consistent messaging, drive engagement, awareness and education of the Healthcare business.
- Work with communications business partners to create strategies for areas of responsibility with a focus on metrics and continuous improvement.
- Management and oversight of our global, mass email system for Life Science.
- Ensure consistency and pull through of messaging across the organization, in line with Healthcare business goals, Group Communications priorities and our overall communications strategy.
- Develop new tactics and implement tools and technology to drive communications within the Healthcare organization, with a specific focus on building business awareness and fostering deeper engagement with our colleagues.
- Collaborate on the planning and execution of engagements for key milestones within Healthcare, like major launches of newly approved therapies.
Who you are:
- Bachelor's degree required
- 5+ years’ Communication and Engagement experience
- Demonstrates strong writing skills
- Deep understanding of the Healthcare business, strategy and business accumen
- Experience in developing memos, key messages and slide presentations
- Some special events specific to area
- Project management experience a plus
- Ability to execute tactics according to a plan
- Demonstrates strategic skills
- Demonstrates knowledge of communication strategies across all channels to provide straight forward innovative solutions, ranging from communication strategy to consultancy to tactics
- Ability to communicate in a cross-functional team
- Ability to drive change
- Ability to travel up to 10%
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.