A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our around 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
- Directs all policy, procedure and operational aspects of the distribution function.
- Basic understanding of import export
- Strong execution acumen in distribution management
- Managing large distribution center and network of warehouses (5-6) across India
- Utilizes systems to monitor and track inventory through the distribution chain and identify and resolve issues.
- Manages inventory control, shipping and receiving, warehouse operations and maintenance of equipment and facilities.
- Responsible for logistic cost in the network
- Managing the operations through SAP, WMS and other IT tools
- Knowledge of HAZCHEM Compatibility with reference to Handling, Storage and Shipping
- Knowledge of Temperature requirement and storage requirement for various shipping modes as per product category.
- Knowledge of Warehouse Regulatory Compliances and well experienced in handling contract labour disputes
- Strong understanding of safety deployment at site
- Understanding of GDP requirements applicable to chemical / pharma / food WH
- Profit center head for the site operations
- Responsible for all functions in the site including Manufacturing, Quality, Engineering, Purchase, Supply Chain, Distribution, EHS, HR, IR , Regulatory
- Managing the employee relation and external interaction with local community
- Increasing Plant capacity enhancement by Lean Manufacturing, de-bottlenecking of various stages, capacity validation and process optimization.
- Understanding of factory act, Pollution control board rules, Fire safety and various other laws applicable for running the factory
- Short / Long-term strategic responsibilities.
Process Engineering / Improvement & Manufacturing Excellence
- Designing and implementing systems, processes and standard operating procedures to facilitate smooth functioning of overall production operations and enhance operational efficiency.
- Implementing Manufacturing Excellence by using tools like Six Sigma, Lean manufacturing, TPM, Kaizen and 5S
Quality System Implementation / Quality Assurance
- Establishing Quality Management Systems across various processes to reduce rejection levels and ensure high quality standards at all the stages of production.
- Taking adequate measures like conducting assessments, audits and maintaining necessary records to ensure GMP compliance.
- Practicing quality standards as per GMP certifications.
- Responsible for FDA related compliances in the factory
Project Management / Supply Chain
- Conceptualizing and screening new projects and conducting feasibility studies to determine the viability based on technical, financial & economic parameters.
- Preparing detailed engineering, procurement/contracting and construction management plans
- Basic understanding of key matrices related to supply chain like fill rate, OTIF etc.
BE (Chemical / Mechanical / Electrical / Production)
MBA (Supply chain / operations) - Not mandatory
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com