A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Your Role: An exciting new opportunity for a Project Manager has arisen in the Bioinformatics team and will be based in St. Louis, MO. The successful candidate will identify projects based upon the interaction with stakeholders such as R&D and marketing, will define business and customer requirements, and translate into efficient, crisp functional specifications and scopes. She or he will manage and monitor the appropriate IT processes to ensure infrastructure and application requirements are delivered on time within the applicable scope and budget.
Who You Are: Candidates should understand current best practices in IT technology, process, application development and support. We’re seeking candidates who will produce accurate and timely reporting of project status throughout its life cycle and who will achieve the goals with respect to customer satisfaction, product safety, quality and team member performance.
- Bachelors in Computer and Information Science, Life Science, Chemistry or other related field
- 5+ years of experience in project management or extremely relevant experience
- Must have strong understanding and experience of project management within large/complex initiatives
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills
- Must have proven skills in managing multiple projects
- Must have exposure of service based project management
- Must be familiar with project management tools
- Masters in Computer and Information Science, Life Science, Chemistry or other related field
- Should be familiar with the web application development process
- Highly self-driven with an ability to work very independently
- An ability to work well within fast-paced, ambiguous situations where you need to define the problem, goal, solution and see it through to the end
- Ability to crisply and effectively communicate at all levels of an organization across all functions, from business to technical
- Excellent English communication skills, written and verbal
- PMP Certification
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.