A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
We are seeking a Senior Development Engineer to design, develop, and test novel single-use filtration technologies suitable for the manufacture of therapeutic biopharmaceuticals, vaccines, and emerging gene therapies. As a senior-level researcher, you will lead technology and product development projects to deliver advanced clarification, filtration, and solid/liquid separation technologies intended for downstream bioprocessing applications. You will plan and execute projects directed toward the identification, assessment, and commercialization of new filtration technologies enabling the cost-effective clarification and recovery of biological products. You will apply solid scientific and engineering principles to (1) design and test prototype depth filtration devices in a collaborative environment, (2) leverage personal and institutional knowledge to achieve project goals and timelines, and (3) develop materials, devices, and methods that achieve cost and performance objectives. You will contribute to the product and manufacturing process validation of these products for use in a diverse range of applications within the biotechnology industry. In this position, the researcher will interact with a variety of business functions outside of R&D to develop and refine customer needs and requirements, support alpha/beta prototype field trials, and assist in the development and transfer of commercially viable technologies to manufacturing.
Who you are:
- M.S. in mechanical, chemical, biochemical engineering or equivalent with 5-10 years of industrial experience in a related field, or Ph.D. with 0-5 years of industrial experience in a related field.
- Must be able to work collaboratively within a team including manufacturing, quality, and procurement functions through development and validation phases to support a successful product launch.
- The individual must have a proven track record as a hands-on problem solver with a high level of mechanical aptitude.
- Must have strong fundamental understanding of mechanical engineering principles and material properties.
- Must be proficient in 3D CAD software (Creo, Solidworks, etc.)
- Seeks out feedback and responds appropriately to input from other R&D groups, sales, marketing, and customers.
- Develop and clearly communicate innovative product designs, applications, technologies, or concepts to management. Consistently meet individual goals while operating within MilliporeSigma's value system.
- Advanced knowledge of and practice in aseptic processing and biopharmaceutical production processes are considered high-value assets.
- Experience designing single-use systems, single-use device assemblies, and specialized product packaging is highly desirable.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.