A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Responsible for leadership, providing direction and supervision of a team of Program Managers. The Manager will be responsible for workload management and capacity planning for Project Management resources. The actions should align with the overall goals for the global Project Management Organization (PMO). You may also be called upon to provide project leadership for key projects at times. You exhibit the best example of program management responsibilities and competencies and is a role model for the program management team. You should also contribute to the strategic direction of the local and global PMO as well as for the company.
Who You Are:
- Bachelors Degree and/or Masters Degree in Biological Sciences.
- 10 years of project management experience and/or alliance management.
- 2+ years of supervisory experience. Will have seven direct reports.
- 5+ years’ experience in the pharmaceutical, biotechnology or life science industry.
- Certification in Project Management is preferred.
- Excellent communicator; will interface with internal and external clients globally.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- A proactive approach to all aspects of customer service.
- Capable of demonstrating strategic and innovative thinking.
- Leadership ability to create, foster and drive relationships in both immediate team and cross-functionally.
- Ability to build strategy for technical issues at hand, and long-term strategy for both our customers and internal processes.
- Exemplifies competencies of being purposeful, future oriented, innovative, results driven, collaborative, and empowering.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.