A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
The Procurement Team leader will support the shared services center in the day to day process P2P process for indirect spend within a specific category or regional area(s)
Major responsibilities includes but not limited to:
1. Ensure full compliance of procurement activities with Merck Code of Ethics, Procurement policies and procedures. Ensure successful audit, there should be no A finding in the area of responsibility.
2. Lead a team of Specialists in their day to day operation.Oversee and monitor workloads to ensure procurement services and advice are delivered in a timely manner and in accordance with customer service level expectations.
3. Assess, monitor and report on the risks associated with compliance in Procurement SOPs
4. Work with the Procurement Manager to:
- Establish business continuity plan to improve and optimize shared service support in various regions.
- Develop and implement strong best practice procurement processes and practices.
- Educate key stakeholder about the procurement framework and policies.
- Harmonize and optimize procurement process/resources of the procurement team.
5. Perform other procurement Adhoc tasks that may be assigned from time to time.
Minimum Education Requirement:
Graduate of any bachelor’s degree.
Knowledge of Specific Functional Work:
At least 2 years solid background in using:
- SAP MM Purchasing Module
- Ariba Buying Module
- SRM system
Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
Solid experience in sourcing/negotiation and purchasing is a must.
Must be willing to work on a night shift.
Industry/Work Experience Required:
At least 2 years’ experience as a teamleader, preferably from shared service center supporting purchasing operations.
Special Skills/Behaviors Required:
People management skills
Sound planning and time management skills.
Good communications skills (oral and written)
Quick learner, flexible, responsible, and result-oriented and can work under pressure.
Resourceful, driven, proactive and independent.
Willing to take challenge and work in multi-cultural environment.
Ability to plan, organize, monitor and deliver targets.
What we offer: At our company, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfill your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life.
Still Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com