A career with EMD Performance Materials is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Performance Materials is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
At EMD Performance Materials our team is growing and has a new opportunity for someone with a solid understanding of supply chain best practices and processes. This role supports key material planning and purchasing activities through tactical daily operations. You will coordinate with stakeholders along the value chain while balancing expected service levels with costs meeting budgets. You will also prepare reports and metrics to support key customers by using analytical skills in MS Excel (pivot tables, charting, formulas) and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) within the supply chain environment. You will have opportunities to contribute to process improvement projects impacting the supply chain.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain or other related Business discipline with 3+ years’ experience in planning and procurement or Master’s degree in Business, Supply Chain or other related Business discipline
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain or other related Business discipline with 5+ years’ experience in planning and procurement
- SAP APO planning a strong preference, preferably in a chemical manufacturing environment
- Previous people and materials management experience
- Supply chain certification, Lean Six Sigma a plus
- Positive attitude, flexibility and teamwork spirit
- Ability to communicate globally across multiple manufacturing sites and work within the culturally diverse nature of our company
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.