A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
We seek a Mechanical Project Engineer that will work closely with our NA operations team on multi-use and single-use hardware systems. This candidate’s primary responsibilities will our NA mechanical technical expert of our single-use and multi-use systems. Secondary responsibility is to manage projects related to our TFF holders and other related skids. The essential job responsibilities include, but are not limited to; Performing mechanical studies of our filtration systems; Equipment sizing according to MilliporeSigma or customer requirements; Responsible for the creation, modification, and review (from our 3rd party suppliers) of 3D & 2D drawings based on specifications and best practices; Select and specify components (valves, pumps, instrumentation…) according to MilliporeSigma or customer specifications; Create and modify component technical datasheets; Provide technical support to project managers during quotation, engineering, design, and manufacturing phases of the project; Opportunity to manage projects from project initiation to completion, which includes managing schedules and costs by keeping spending within project limits and ensure EMD Millipore’s quality standards are met; You will primarily support NA projects with potential support for LATAM and EU projects; Periodic travel to clients (up to 10% travel may be required) to provide pre-sales support and post-sale verification that system design meets client requirements; Participate/support in root cause investigations and corrective action activities; Maintain control on costs for the mechanical portion of the equipment by limiting expenses to those allowed by the proposal/scope of projects.
Who You Are:
- Bachelors Degree in Mechanical or Electromechanical Engineering
- 3+ years of Mechanical Engineering experience
- Proficient in Creo (Pro-Engineer) 3-D modeling and AutoCad 2-D software
- Good knowledge in fluid mechanics, fluid flow through mechanical systems
- Knowledge in hardware Tangential Flow Filtration and Single-use mixers
- Knowledge of cGMP FDA, GAMP, ASME-BPE, and ASME-VIII requirements / guidelines
- Ability to work independently and respect deadlines
- Ability to manage projects and assumes ownership and accountability
- Analytical, pragmatic, meticulous and rigorous
- Good relationship and team spirit
- Experience in a manufacturing environment within the biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry
- Self-starter, proactive individual with excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Openness and the ability to work in a global / multicultural team environment
- Customer focused
- Strong computer skills with MS office applications including Word, PowerPoint, Excel; Projects, SharePoint, and AutoCad
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.