A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
The Single-Use Design Specialist is responsible for creating and maintaining Bill of Materials (BOMs), drawings, and technical specifications for the various packaging systems used in the manufacture of Liquid and Dry Powder Cell Culture Media (CCM), serum, and sterile liquids. The role involves working closely with both internal and external customers to develop novel and effective single-use process and packaging solutions for both the customer and the operation. This is a technical role within the Global Design Operations team that also has customer-facing and project management aspects.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s Degree in chemistry, Materials Sciences, Engineering, or related field.
- 1+ years of industrial experience in custom pharmaceutical, biotech or fine chemical industry.
- 1+ years of experience working in a packaging environment.
- Degree in Packaging Engineering
- Experience with Operational Excellence, Lean, and Six Sigma tools and concepts.
- Demonstrated knowledge of packaging aspects such as leachables and extractables, materials of construction, films, integrity testing, chemical compatibilities, shipping integrity studies, product stability, and temperature requirements.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Self-motivated and able to complete tasks and projects with minimal direction.
- Demonstrated experience with primary and secondary packaging systems used to contain, process, and transport sterile liquids, powders, and chemicals of hazardous and no-hazardous nature
- Ability to analyze data sets and engineering drawings and make technical recommendations based on data and knowledge of engineering and/or manufacturing principals.
- Experience with composing professional letters, memo and reports
- Practical understanding of Microsoft (MS) Office Suite, Material Requirements Planning (MRP) systems, electronic document systems, technical drawing software.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.