A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our around 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Senior analyst of Market Access & Pricing will report to the head of Market Access & Pricing (MAP) Japan, a member of Japan Leadership Team. The role is to support head of MAP for achieving optimal pricing, reimbursement and other access conditions in the country for all Biopharma business in-line and future pipeline products, and related devices. MAP function is responsible to provide strategic leadership to all product related reimbursement and pricing related matters. This position is expected to play a key role as a key member of Japan MAP team directly impacting the bottom-line financials in the country in the short and long term.
Leads and integrates the payer point of view in local business processes and decision-making committees, contributing to the commercial strategy and support the development and implementation of the MAP strategy.
- Provide input to internal stakeholders of the MAP needs throughout product lifecycle
- Provide input in line with GMAP strategies to the local Brand Strategies and Brand Planning, integrating the payer point of view in all local business processes
Achieves and maintains pricing, reimbursement, and other access conditions in Japan on target and on strategy
- Optimal price and coverage (or reimbursement status) of all products
- Monitor the evolving reimbursement situation in Japan and provide input to local/regional/global internal stakeholders of potential impact to the business. (e.g. Pricing rule & HTA)
- If company is at risk due to any potential policy changes, to collaborate with related stakeholders to mitigate the risk and defend the product proposition.
Assures compliance with company's Pricing Governance in the County
- Accountable for price management (list and net)
- Accountable for keeping COSMOS up to date in the country
Assures strategic partnerships, and leads negotiations with key local public payer (MHLW)
- Excellent payer engagement and negotiation strategies
- Price negotiations with key public payer
Supports the development of GPA strategies and plans for MAP topics
- Up-to-date information about critical policy developments affecting Market Access & Pricing and provide input to GPA with those that require strategic attention.
- Engage in external industry activities representing the company to collect insights through networking, as well as to contribute developing industry position.
- Bachelor’s degree, ideally a Master’s degree
- Fluency in both Japanese and English. (Speaking, reading and writing in business manner)
- Team player with strong communications skills to work collaboratively with internal stakeholders.
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills to deal with the government authorities.
- Strong project management skills to be able to develop a local MAP strategy
- Strong interest to be part of key industry associations representing the company and contribute to jointly develop industry position .
- Business and financial skills
- 5+ years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry, with at least of 3 years’ in MAP function
- Experience in building and implementing pricing strategies for new launch products preparing a price filing deck and achieving optimal pricing through negotiation with MHLW
- Strong knowledge and experience of healthcare policy and pricing rules in Japan.
- Understanding of HTA rule and its operational process.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com