A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our around 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
The Data Science group in the Bioinformatic Department, extensively uses advanced analytics, machine learning, and deep learning models to create business and scientific values from data. We solve life-scientist-oriented business and scientific problems across MilliporeSigma. We see our projects through the entire data science lifecycle, from problem definition, data exploration, to modeling, analysis, and deployment to production servers. We maintain a close partnership with IT to ensure that our models can be deployed and monitored in a quick, reliable and robust manner.
As a Data Scientist, you will be a member of this diverse and highly skilled team. You will be exploring new datasets with business partners, learning the complexness of business process, building models, or coordinating the productionalization of the models. You will use a variety of tools, including SQL, Python, and shell scripting) in a variety of environments (e.g., various database, Linux servers, etc). You will work in a highly collaborative, team environment where you will quickly develop wide ranging exposure to new methods and best practices for performing data science. You will present data, models, software system, results, and conclusions to stakeholders.
Who You Are
- Degree from a (985 / 211) university in Computer and Information Science, Statistics, Engineering or a mathematics-intensive discipline.
- Bachelor's degree with 3+ years of experience, or Master with 2+ years of experience, or PhD
- Hand-on experiences with data management. Familiar with database schema, RDBMS (e.g., MySQL) and NO-SQL (e.g., MongoDB)
- Hand-on knowledge with statistics, machine learning and deep learning models. Understanding the mathematical background of models.
- Extensive experiences with programming. Familiar with Python, R, or other data-oriented programming languages (Python is preferred). Familiar with machine learning and deep learning packages (e.g., Keras, Tensorflow, Pytorch). Ability to automate data processing, modeling and service delivery.
- Proven skills in documentation and presentation and excellent communication in English, comfortable with multiple-culture working environment
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com