A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our around 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
IT R&D application in our company is currently seeking Data Analyst position located in Shanghai, China. This role will work with our internal and external customers to develop algorithms, pipelines and applications utilizing computational, statistical and informatics skills. The individual will also participates in software/system product design, data process, data integration, data analysis, process improvement and other bio/chemoinformatics projects to support R&D, production, marketing/sales and other groups.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Proficiency with at least one programming language such as python, java, scala and perl, and advanced knowledge of Unix-like systems is must.
- Experience in scientific data curation, data annotation, data integration, and data validation.
- Ability to analyze source system data and data flows, working with structured and unstructured data to provide analytics strategies and solutions.
- Have experience dealing with large-scale data set with intensive hand-on code development.
- Very familiarity with at least one of analytic tools (such as R, SAS, Tableau and Microstrategy) is highly desired.
- Familiarity with machine learning concepts and implementations.
- Experience with Hadoop framework (HDFS, MapReduce, Spark, Hbase, Hive) is a plus.
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills are required.
- Highly motivated, creative and self-assertive starter. Proven written and verbal communication skills, and excellent team skills are a must.
- Knowledge in bio/chemoinformatics and ecosystem data is a plus
Who You Are
- MS or Ph.D. degree in biology, chemistry, computational biology, biostatistics, computer science or equivalent relevant experience
- 3+ years experiences in algorithm development and analyzing large-scale scientific data
- Good English reading and writing
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com