A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our around 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
IT R&D application team in our company is currently seeking software engineer - Java position located in Shanghai, China. This role will work with our internal and external customers to bring technology capabilities and tools into R&D platform and enhance user experience for scientists and researcher to support global and China.
Design, implement and maintain JaveEE based application in areas of Big data, scientific and ecosystem data analytic, R&D. Develop web-based R&D application platform, and support internal and external customers.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Implement and enhance web based systems in Java and JavaEE that are either based on commercial package or built from scratch.
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code
- Ability to provide solutions based on the business requirements
- Review, analyze and modify programming systems including testing, debugging and installation to support the systems.
- Carry out maintenance work on various systems supporting production, operation, and R&D.
- Implement both web based and stand-alone database applications.
Who You Are
- BS degree in computer science or equivalent relevant experience.
- 3~5 years industry experiences required.
Experience and Skills:
- Strong programming skill in core java and JAVA EE.
- Object Oriented analysis and design using common design patterns.
- Profound insight of Java and JEE internals (Class loading, Memory Management, Transaction management etc)
- Excellent knowledge of Relational Databases, SQL and ORM technologies (JPA2, Hibernate)
- Experience in the Spring Framework
- Experience in developing web applications using at least one popular web framework (JSF, Spring MVC)
- Experience with test-driven development
- Good knowledge in NoSQL is a plus
- Knowledge of scientific data
- Proficient with JAVA EE 6
- Proficient with MySql, Sqlserver or Oracle database and NoSQL
- Proficient with Eclipse and Maven
- Proficient with JBoss Wildfly configuration
- Experience with Git and Agile development practices
- Good knowledge in Application design, ETL and Analytic data modeling design is a plus
- Good English reading and writing
- Highly motivated and strong self-learning capability
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com