A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our around 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
In your role as Senior Corporate Patent Counsel you will be responsible for research and development projects regarding IP matters and first point of contact for project leaders and inventors. If necessary, you are also responsible for marketed products as far as patent questions are concerned (contact person for marketing). Development and maintenance/update of patent portfolios adapted to project targets and the independent preparation of drafts of patent applications will be further tasks of this position. Besides international examination procedures you will represent the company at DPMA, BPatG and EPA (regarding examination, opposition and appeal procedures) and participate in disputes (i.e. patent infringement). The Assessment of IP situations of our development projects and the evaluation of own patent rights and third-party patent rights (also regarding economic aspects and freedom-to-operate) will be part of you daily work.
Who you are:
- Degree (preferably PhD) in chemistry or alternatively biology, pharmaceutics or biochemistry
- European Patent Attorney qualification and or other similar qualifications are advantageous
- Previous strong working experience in IP matters related to research projects (generating patent landscape analysis; assessing foreign patent rights; Freedom-to-operate analysis etc.)
- Knowledge in international patent law (especially DE; EP; US; JP)
- Professional English and German; further languages would be an advantage
- Microsoft Office, internet data bases, inhouse patent administration system MIPS
- Reliable and independent working style, ability to work under pressure
- Analytical thinking and ability to think cross-functional
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com