A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our around 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
The Analytical and Digital Technologies group within Life Science R&D is offering a scientist position focusing on product and application development for instrumental Food and Beverage Analytics.
You will scout and evaluate spectroscopy applications (IR, FTIR, Raman, UV-VIS) for use in chemical food quality and safety testing at the point-of-need. With your background in these technologies you will develop methods focusing on the analysis of key food ingredients as well as chemical contaminants (e.g. pesticides, mycotoxins) and novel products to address customer needs in global markets. Also digital components in these products play an important role.
You are responsible for technology rating, high quality data interpretation, discussion of results with international collaboration partners, and presentation of results within research project teams as well as presentation of result to key internal and external stakeholders.
Who you are:
- At least master’s degree in natural science (chemistry, food sciences, biochemistry, physics or equivalent), broad background and hands-on experience in IR, FTIR, Raman Spectroscopy
- Experience in Chemometrics and solid background in assay and method development
- Experience with software architecture and design is a plus
- Highly motivated, with a problem-solving mindset
- Team player with excellent verbal and written communication skills, fluent in English and German
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com