A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our around 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Opportunity for a scientist (all genders) with expertise in computational protein modelling, engineer and bioinformatics to join our R&D team in Darmstadt. You will work with cross-disciplinary teams that seek to advance our biologics discovery pipeline with modalities spanning from antibodies to polyspecific and conjugate molecules. Your primary role includes protein structure analysis and modeling, biophysical property prediction, antibody library design as well as novel molecular design. You will use all the above to formulate and test hypotheses to guide antibody and biologics engineering. In addition, to in silico data, you will include experimental assays to derive conclusions and present your results and recommendation them using innovative visualization skills and effective communication to bring scientists with different background together and foster decision-making.
Who you are:
- PhD. in computational biology or related field and 5 years scientific experience (industrial preferred)
- Expert in antibody modeling and engineering
- Expert in software such as MOE or Rosetta
- Experience in programming and data science
- Ability to work closely with molecular biology, protein chemists and structural biologists (crystallography and Cryo-EM)
- Ability to interact with senior management in matrix and lead research and technology projects
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com