A career with EMD Serono is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Serono is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
We are seeking a highly motivated Senior Scientist to join the Exploratory Immunology team of EMD Serono located at our Billerica, MA state of the art research facility. The Senior Scientist will contribute to the discovery of drugs for treating autoimmune diseases. She/he will drive early drug discovery projects from target discovery and validation to advancing established programs to the clinic.
The Senior Scientist will oversee a team of scientists that will develop and execute innovative approaches to propose new targets and therapeutic concepts. She/he will follow latest developments in the field and design and execute experiments based on protocols provided by the literature, seminars, or other scientists. In addition, the Senior Scientist will act as Discovery Project Team lead or member and apply scientific expertise to advance research projects. She/he will represent Immunology as a member of multi-disciplinary Discovery Project Teams and facilitate productive interactions with other functions outside of Immunology and stimulate cross-functional ideas for therapeutic approaches. The Senior Scientist will diligently document all research, prepare publications for scientific journals and give presentations at internal and external meetings.
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Immunology, Cell Biology or other related Scientific discipline with 3+ years’ experience in Immunology or Master’s degree in Immunology, Cell Biology or other related Scientific discipline
- PhD with 5+ years of postdoctoral experience in immunology
- Experience in pharmaceutical drug discovery particularly using therapeutic antibodies or small molecules
- Experience in mentoring and working in teams
- Demonstrated ability to lead and advance programs and/or projects
- Track record in autoimmune disease biology
- Experience in gene editing (CRISPR/Cas9, siRNA, shRNA)
- Experience with single cell RNA-seq
- Experience in phenotypic and/or high-throughput screening
- Background in bioinformatics and experience with analysis of complex omics datasets using R or Python
- Excellent interpersonal and written communications skills
- Desire and ability to work in a fast paced, cross-functional, flexible and team-oriented environment
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.