A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Your Role: This role will be part of the Use Case delivery team that is responsible for driving approved and prioritized use cases forward. The Product Owner role will support the entire use case journey that begins from data ingestion to generating actionable insights/visualization to business impact. The Product Owner will deliver on the scope and business outcomes of the use case by adhering to the underlying agile processes. This individual will be responsible for all activities across the lifecycle of a use case/product – understanding the business challenge, prioritizing the best use cases that meet needs of the business, executing Proof of Concept to demonstrate business value and managing the interdependencies of deliverables and teams through the industrialization of the products. The Product Owner will collaborate with other teams - both the demand and the delivery side - in CDO, Business and IT to drive the product strategy & roadmap, generate value added solutions and partner closely with the development and commercial teams to define and deliver on the roadmap. You will lead the creation of new data driven products, analytics & informatics tools and drive the iterative development of analytics solutions and visualization tools for various types of data generated across LS and procured from external sources to deliver and drive business value and outcomes.
Who you are:
- BS degree with 5+ years’ experience, MS degree with 2+ years’ experience, or PhD
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative or technical field (math, statistics, computer science)
- Strong customer orientation and communication skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with technical & non-technical audience
- Experience driving product initiatives from conception to launch and ensuing iterations strongly preferred
- Ability to prioritize thoughtfully and strictly in alignment with business objectives as well as financial and resource restrictions
- Ability to structure and plan complex topics into manageable work items
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with a high degree of independence
- Flexible and willing to travel internationally and domestically.
- You understand customer needs, actively track competitive activity, identify opportunities within the market place and develop relevant plans to drive sustainable profitable growth. You will be a hands-on business minded professional with a passion towards data driven business outcomes
- Proven experience in understanding digital and leveraging data and analytics assets to drive strong business outcome.
- Master’s degree preferred in a quantitative or technical field (math, statistics, computer science)
- Strong mathematics background and experience with big data, machine learning, statistics, data analytics and informatics preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to lead diverse teams through influence
- Demonstrable experience working in an agile product development environment strongly preferred
- Entrepreneurial mindset, strong analytical skills, big-picture thinking
- Strong ability to negotiate mutually acceptable solutions, building on consensus through give and take, while keeping in mind the sense of urgency to deliver business value
- Ability to work with global, highly-matrixed agile product teams
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.