A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
The candidate with work within the Middleware Administration & Support team and very closely with supporting teams such as Performance & Monitoring and Search Engine Optimization. The primary responsibility will be to manage our external website Content Delivery Network configurations.
- Manage Akamai product configurations across supported eBusiness websites.
- Learn the platform through cross-team knowledge transfer, Akamai-provided training sessions, configuration review.
- Work closely with our Akamai technical account managers and existing Merck CDN support personnel to implement value-added configurations.
- Deliver measurable improvements across a variety of areas such as bot management/scraping activity, content/cache offload, overall page/site speed, availability and performance improvements.
- Mentor other team members in these platforms for off-hours, on-call support or general understanding of changes being implemented to aid in problem determination when issues arise.
- Overlap Akamai responsibilities with other CDN platforms for supporting sites, for example, Incapsula.
- Advise and implement Merck web infrastructure changes as applicable to correlate with CDN improvements.
- Gain knowledge of the Middleware platforms in use for added value beyond CDN and edge configurations.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent.
- 4+ years of experience working with technical and business teams supporting web applications.
- 4+ years in an IT environment supporting business applications from a technical point of view.
- Master’s degree in computer science or equivalent.
- Understanding of distributed application platforms including tier-based architectures spanning network layers, support teams and connections/relationships therein. Ability to retain and utilize knowledge for solutions and troubleshooting.
- Ability to provide solutions based on business requirements.
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams.
- Ability to work with global teams and a flexible work schedule.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and be customer-centric.
- Excellent communication skills.
- CDN and/or web server configuration management.
- Unix experience.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.