A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Your Role: The Laboratory Americas Division of MilliporeSigma is seeking a Maintenance Contract Specialist Manager to support the growth strategy of the division. The Maintenance Contract Specialist Manager is responsible for maintaining a team while also managing day to day activities with a team of MilliporeSigma Contract Specialists. The ideal candidate will facilitate the sales process from the prospecting stage to final closing utilizing a consultative sales approach over the phone and is results oriented, passionate about what they do, works with a sense of urgency, stays focused, and is a team player. This position is based in Billerica, MA.
- Manage a service agreement sales team that works with MilliporeSigma customers to renew existing service agreements or sell new service agreements.
- Create, manage and develop a best-in class, agile Contract Sales organization that is responsible for the sale of our service portfolio
- Recruit, train and coach a team of top performers.
- Designs, implements, and manages key metrics for driving sales productivity.
- Implement, manage, and refine existing and new SOPs that dictate interaction with internal and external customers from quotation generation through the Purchase Order processing phase.
- Renew assigned existing service agreements (preventative and/or service maintenance contracts) with customers that buy laboratory instruments from MilliporeSigma for their Labs. Customer retention rate target of 80% minimum expected.
- Responsible for overseeing the generation of quotations for the renewal of service agreements for current MilliporeSigma Lab Water, MCBS, BioM customers.
- Perform research using a variety of different databases, including MilliporeSigma's customer history database, service management database, contact management database, installation database and financial database, all of which store inquiries and information that MilliporeSigma has received from a customer and/or prospective customer.
- Consult with Field Service Managers, and/or Sales Managers to ensure that complex service agreements are quoted accurately prior to customer delivery.
- Work with Area Sales Managers and Customer Care Managers to negotiate agreement cost structure for cost competitive customer agreements to aid in customer retention and minimize loss of business.
- Work closely with Order Management team to ensure that complex quotations are entered accurately and follow up regularly to ensure that product is shipped as required for all PM visits.
- Develop and monitor the Contract sales team’s plans of action. Is personally involved in plan of action for key accounts/key opinion leaders.
Who you Are:
- BS degree 8 years professional experience;
- Broad based knowledge of basic scientific procedures, testing methods, and equipment coupled with the ability to diagnose customer needs and provide product solutions.
- Experience in sales/service-related field
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Working knowledge of Oracle, Lotus Notes applications, Saleforce.com (or similar CRM system).
- Ability to prioritize, schedule effectively, and meet deadlines
- Ability to effectively mentor a fast-paced and dynamic team
- Highly attentive to detail
- Ability to work independently, as well within a management team to direct current and expand future sales of service agreements for Laboratory Americas Instrumentation.
- Exceptional phone selling, organization, negotiation and communication skills.
- The ability to thrive in a matrixed environment
- B.S. in Business Management, Chemistry or Biology or equivalent work experience preferred.
- 2+ years work experience in sales/service-related field
- Previous customer/technical service experience preferred.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.