A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Distributor Account Managers are responsible for achieving sales targets in an assigned territory through effective execution of business and sales strategy, overall territory/account management, and travel to the assigned territory.
As a Distributor Account Manager, you will create and implement campaigns, promotions, and customer trainings to strengthen current relationships, and develop and expand new business. In this role, you will be responsible for managing effective pricing strategies, contracts, and relationships.
In this role you will need to have proven success in meeting/exceeding sales targets, demonstrate capability of establishing relationships at all appropriate account levels to close the sales process, have experience working remotely with a global team as well as have relevant business acumen to the global pathology market. You will also need to work independently to drive growth, and in a matrixed organization inspiring teamwork to achieve results, have technical competency demonstrated in product knowledge, product application and product positioning for clinical diagnostics market. Finally, you must have sound judgment and problem-solving competency in handling distribution, product issues, sales issues and customer issues.
The Distributor Account Manager will be expected to travel up to 50% in the assigned territory, as well as occasional travel to the US and other regions for training and meetings.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Life Sciences OR Business Discipline OR HS Diploma/GED OR Associates AND Clinical Laboratory Certification
- 3+ years of work experience in Sales OR Marketing OR Customer Facing role
- 3+ years’ experience in Healthcare Diagnostics OR IVD regulated diagnostic products
- 1+ year experience developing and delivering technical presentations
- Experienced in immunohistochemistry, or knowledge of the clinical pathology market.
- Ability to develop and deliver technical presentations and training to a range of audiences
- Experience in sales competency which includes preparing and implementing tactical business plans, selling skills, relationship building, call planning, territory development, follow-up and closing skills.
- Experience with distributor management.
- Demonstrated ability with various sales tools and technology, including but not limited to, Microsoft Office software, SalesForce or other CRM, and sales analysis software.
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational, communication, time management, and interpersonal skills.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.