Work Location: 12822 SE 32nd Street Bellevue, Washington
Shift: Day Job
Department: LS-OSW Biocontrol Systems
This information is for internals only. Please do not share outside of the organization.
The Rare Reagents (RR) department creates liquid bulks, purified antibodies, and polymerase chain reaction reagents used in the production of food borne pathogen detection kits. As the Supervisor of the department, you will be responsible for managing the manufacture of products by supervising personnel; establishing priorities, defining and allocating resources; developing, implementing, monitoring and improving processes and procedures; assist Facilities with maintaining and repairing lab equipment; oversee transfer of products and/or processes from R&D to the RR team. This is a position that directly impacts the quality and profitability of the company, position has potential to create personnel liabilities; management oversight can mitigate most situations.
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Biology, Microbiology, Chemistry or related Chemical or Biological Sciences discipline
- 4+ years of experience in a Supervisory capacity or in leading teams in a Project Management setting
- 4+ years of experience working in an ISO certified biotechnical compounding operation
- Ability to think analytically and organize thoughts logically
- Understand how to identify and interpret key data to problem solve
- Good verbal and written communication skills including the ability create clear, concise written reports and accurately complete/review batch records
- Experience with validation methods for equipment and processes
- Demonstrated ability to develop and deploy training programs for hourly employees covering specific job skills and safety training as well as development training and mentoring for career progression
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.