A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
At MilliporeSigma the R&D Manager will lead a group of 4-5 R&D scientists and technicians in the work to develop new sample preparation products, applications and methods used in analytical laboratory tests via chromatographic methods. He/she will use technical knowledge and expertise to plan and guide experimental work. Using sound scientific principles, he/she will develop appropriate specifications, manufacturing, and QA documents for new products including generating progress reports and coordinating projects with project managers/team leaders. R&D manager will conduct performance appraisals, recommend new candidates for hire, coach and develop employees and perform other duties as assigned by management
R&D Manager is expected to provide strategic insights for the design of products and product lines. This will be accomplished by attending tradeshows and scientific meetings to determine customer needs and to gain understanding of customer analytical workflow problems that need to be solved; by networking with industry leaders and the scientific community; by writing articles, presenting seminars and posters to the scientific community to assist marketing in promotion and acceptance of new technologies; by bringing in new technologies for the company and working with Marketing to help ensure their acceptance in the market place.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry or other related Scientific discipline and 5+ years’ experience in technology or product development
- Master’s degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry or other related Scientific discipline and 5+ years’ experience in technology or product development or PhD in Chemistry or closely related field with 4+ years post-graduate experience
- 3-4 years’ experience in technology or product development
- Prior supervisory experience in R&D setting is desirable
- Experience with bioanalytical, environmental or food analysis
- Proven competency in the fundamental theory and operation of LCMS and GCMS
- Demonstrated organizational skills and the ability to work with multifunctional team to bring both applied and fundamental expertise to projects
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to travel to conferences and customer visits (up to 10% of the time)
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.