A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Your Role: The Genome Engineering and Modulation (GEM) Franchise is a business unit situated within the Genome Engineering and Novel Modalities (GENM) Promise Venture at MillipreSigma. GENM seeks to apply genome engineering technologies to research through novel therapeutic modalities. As the Head of Marketing for the Genome Engineering and Modulation Franchise, you will lead our marketing strategy and execution across all marketing activities from social media and digital campaigns to advertising and creative projects. You will be expected to create campaigns that rival the best direct to consumer brands and establish MilliporeSigma as the premier brand in gene editing technology.
This field-based role is an excellent opportunity for a seasoned professional to leverage their experience and play a significant role in shaping MilliporeSigma’s brand positioning and user acquisition strategies. The ideal candidate is an experienced B2C and B2B storyteller with a track record of building engaging and persuasive marketing campaigns in the life science research market.
- Head of Marketing responsibilities include developing plans to help establish our brand, allocating resources to different projects and setting short-term and long-term department goals
- Lead the development of MilliporeSigma's brand positioning, messaging, segmentation, and voice for gene editing portfolio
- Own acquisition strategies for MilliporeSigma customers through both digital and offline channels
- Mange team responsible for developing and executing marketing strategies that increase MilliporeSigma’s customer retention, engagement, and acquisition rates
- Prepare and manage monthly, quarterly and annual budgets for the marketing group
- Leverage internal data, partner insights, market trends, and the competitive landscape to make data-based recommendations for ongoing improvements to optimize strategies for engagement and conversion
- Identify and address data, platform or technology gaps that might hinder successful marketing
- Gather data and measure the impact on campaign responses and ROI
- Outline and deliver against sales and customer acquisition cost goals
- Effectively communicate strategy, reporting, and analysis around objectives
Who You Are:
- BS degree with 10+ years’ experience, MS degree 5+ years, PhD 3+ years’ experience
- Experience in marketing, including successfully developing winning teams and/or business units
- Relate comfortably with people across levels, functions, culture, and geography. Act with diplomacy and tact. Build rapport in an open, friendly, and accepting way.
- Track record of driving measurable outcomes via paid marketing
- Deep, actionable understanding of web analytics, Google Adwords and other paid channels
- Strong understanding of customer segmentation, exceptional customer insights, and proven success utilizing analytics to provide strategic recommendations and drive concrete action
- Strategic thinker with the ability to accurately analyze complex information to solve challenging problems
- 10+ years’ experience in marketing, including successfully developing winning teams and/or business units
- PhD or MBA in relevant field
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.