A career with EMD Serono is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Serono is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
The Head, Market Access Execution and Capabilities LATAM is a high impact position, member of the Regional Leadership Team and member of the Global MAP Execution Leadership Team. The role is responsible for generating revenue in the region through execution of payer-value strategy and implementation, strategic pricing, and access. The work of the Regional Head of MAP impacts top and bottom-line financials and impacts all aspects of the business in the short and long term.
- Development and enforcement of strategic OP plans with markets (primary focus on key markets) to plan for MAP execution delivery
- Assisting development/building of OP plans fully aligned with regional X-functional team and in line with Global strategy and assessing its risks
- Provide to countries insights about regional and global trends concerning access
- Holding markets accountable on their OP plans (KPI definition and monitoring effectiveness)
- Building, managing and coordination access stakeholders
- Guidance on and sharing and implementation of effective best practices for Market Access & Pricing functions to support product strategies and achieve and maintain coverage or reimbursement at an optimal price level.
- Guidance to MAP in countries to achieve and maintain optimal price and coverage (or reimbursement status) in close alignment with global, regional and local Franchises
- Assessing capability and needs to ensure execution feasibility (primary focus on key markets)
- Evaluating and discussing execution/OP plans on-the-ground feasibility and risk mitigation
- Perform gaps assessments for local capacity and capabilities based on business opportunities and engage with regional stakeholders and GMs for resource allocations
- Coordinating solution implementation, incl. capability building, talent programs and trainings, outsourcing, solutions, resourcing adaptation, etc.
- Country support on specialized actions as HEOR, HTA, Stakeholder management, etc.
- Contributes to the regional commercial strategy and the Global MAP strategy, and leads the development and implementation of the regional MAP strategy
- Input into Global MAP regarding regional MAP needs throughout product development
- Input into Regional Brand Strategy and Regional Brand Planning
- Strengthens the regional MAP community and enhances competency development
- Assurance of regional functional excellence
- Achievement of an excellent competency level of country MAP staff and of KAM, by providing training or ensuring participation in competency development programs with global MAP
- Supports the development of regional Government Affairs & Policy strategy for MAP topics
- Ensure awareness of up-to-date information about critical policy developments affecting MAP and the prioritization of those that require strategic attention by Regional GAP and/or Global MAP
Who you are:
- Advanced graduate degree or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of pharmaceutical industry experience
- You makes things happen: a level of implementation skills and ability to be hands-on with pricing activities, and with market access activities on small countries where additional support is required
- Able to work in a large, global corporation with a matrix organization
- A team player
- Strong communication skills: written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to make complex concepts conversational; Engage in focused dialogue, and demonstrate good listening skills
- Leadership & management skills: able to develop and execute executive engagement strategy for the members of the Country Leadership Team, Regional Head of MAP, and local team of MAP
- Strong negotiation & influencing skills
- Business and financial skills
- Able to lead the huge change process which is required (internally & externally) to define & implement market access and pricing activities as part of the company commercial strategy Strategic thinker, able to understand the global picture internally (marketing & sales-medical-research-health economy); and externally (healthcare policy trends, P&R models, different payers stakeholders, contracting, pricing, Health Technology Assessments situation in Europe, etc)
- Ability to travel domestically and internally as needed
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.