A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
The Cell Culture Media Global Design Team (GDT) is hiring for the position of Program Manager as part of the GDT Design Operations group. The GDT is a key driver of new and expanded business in the Cell Culture Media (CCM) manufacturing sites. This position will have a key role in executing business and operational strategies globally and will be critical to the continued expansion of CCM capabilities and market penetration. In this role the candidate will own the Design Operations Program Management function to:
The position can be located in Lenexa, KS, St. Louis, MO, or Irvine, Scotland as it is a global role covering all three sites.
- Collaborate with Cell Culture Media (CCM) Leadership, Marketing Excellence, and Commercial teams to provide input on operational and commercial strategies and initiatives in support of the CCM Global Design Team, Process Solutions Business Unit, Global CCM Operations, and overall Company strategies and objectives. Facilitate translating those strategies into action with the GDT functions and communicate progress, roadblocks, resource needs, etc. to GDT Leadership.
- Drive delivery performance from all Design Operations teams to support first time manufacture of custom products including prioritization, escalation, and identification of bottlenecks, as well as providing solutions to deliver on the financial commitments to the business unit.
- Provide a governance function over the New Product Introduction process (NPI) for all cell culture manufacturing and ImMEDIAte Advantage (IA) facilities globally to ensure continued alignment of process and strategy over time.
- Develop and operate a change management business process to ensure changes and improvements are rolled out at all sites and provide value to the Design Team process and to customers.
- Collaborate on development of Key Performance Indicators for the Design Operations Team aligned with business unit and company Strategic Objectives. Ensures US / EU KPIs are in full alignment with the GDT strategy and responsible for reporting of results to key stakeholders and Operations leadership
- Develop and manage a program using business and digital tools and systems to ensure the various products and services offered through the GDT are working from relevant and up to date information.
Who you are:
- Minimum BA/BS in Chemistry, Biological sciences, Engineering, or related field.
- 10+ years project or program management experience involving successful management of complex global projects, resources, timelines, budgets and coordinating between functional groups.
- 5+ years sales, marketing or project management experience in industry with high level of customization and customer interaction.
- 5+ years experience developing operational and/or commercial strategies and successful execution of those strategies with demonstrable business benefit.
- This position requires a minimum 20% travel including international.
- Master’s in Business Administration (MBA), Project Management Degree or Certification, or equivalent
- Strategic mindset – ability to develop and implement global strategies.
- High attention to detail and excellent time management skills.
- Understands allocation of resources to achieve efficiencies and can quickly develop execution strategies for new projects.
- Strong negotiation and delegation skills – able to influence without direct authority to achieve desired outcomes.
- Customer Focused – drives the team to deliver to the customer consistently and collaborate on new opportunities.
- Strong analytical skills – able to understand financial and technical data sets to identify patterns and develop appropriate action plans.
- Highly collaborative – demonstrated ability to work across functions to achieve results while maintaining positive working relationships.
- Accomplished at public speaking and presentation of information and data both verbally and in written form.
- Forward thinking – looks for new and innovative ways to achieve results through exploration of new ideas, technologies, and continuous improvement endeavors.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.