A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
At MilliporeSigma we are currently seeking a Software Development Engineer to join our multidisciplinary R&D team within our Life Science Research Solutions business. The candidate will be part of a product development team focused on design, development, and testing of new products and processes from concept to commercialization. This position is based in Seattle, WA.
The software engineer will play a key role in the development of new instruments and devices, as well as maintaining existing legacy products and software releases. In addition to developing embedded and/or desktop applications for instrumentation and devices, she/he will be responsible for collecting requirements from customers, creating design specifications, establishing documentation, and management of internal or external development resources.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related technical discipline with 3+ years’ software development experience
- Software engineering experience developing instruments with embedded microprocessors
- Proven experience in software application development and timely delivery
- Proven track record of technical leadership of a project from inception to product release
- Initiative and follow through in executing project responsibilities, overcoming obstacles, and balancing multiple priorities effectively
- Proficiency with C++, Qt framework (desktop or embedded)
- Rust programming language experience a plus
- Familiarity with Agile methodology and unit testing
- Familiarity with Rational Software Architect RealTime development tool and Git a plus
- Excellent software development skills are required, as well as the ability to work closely with other engineers, scientists and lab technicians
- The ability to work independently and show initiative
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.