A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Your role: The ideal candidate is driven to achieve a quarterly/annual sales target established by Area Management. The role mandates the development and maintenance of solid working relationships with identified distributors within the territory as well as the ability to efficiently manage the territory through planned coverage and follow-up of key accounts, end-users, and leads is of paramount importance. The role is technical in nature and requires one to maintain a high level of technical and application competence and utilize this knowledge in a manner which will add value to our products and services while promoting and maintaining customer allegiance.
- Territory: Driving within San Francisco Bay Area
- Travel: 10% with infrequent overnight trips.
- Job requires some lifting of equipment, ability to walk halls, driving through territory to visit accounts.
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Life Science, Engineering or similar discipline
- 3+ years of experience in technical sales and direct selling to the scientific community.
- 2+ years of computer skills including Microsoft office which includes WORD, EXCEL and POWERPOINT is required.
- MS degree in Life Science, Engineering or similar discipline
- Strong experience using SalesForce.com
- Organized and can manage his/her territory in an efficient manner and who can keep up with the demands of this job, such as answering voicemails and emails in a timely manner, planning customer visits, working with our service group, keeping up with leads and quotes.
- Previous SalesForce.Com experience highly preferred.
- Ability to develop and demonstrate solutions in technical areas.
- Proven ability to understand and articulate both technical product aspects and product market positioning
- Familiarity with Biopharma, Academic and Clinical marketplace.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Familiarity with laboratory applications and testing including instrumentation.
- Field service experience involving marketing and product positioning may substitute for direct sales experience
- 5+ years previous experience in technical sales and direct selling activities to the scientific community. Background in Life Science or Engineering.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.