A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our around 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Your Role: as a Molecular Biology Scientist you will be responsible for the performance of the overall conduct of GLP and GMP studies. You will provide scientific support to internal and external clients in relation to assays being conducted within the laboratory. You will also maintain study records, including deviation records to meet regulatory standards; responding to audit observations through BRIQS and proactively implement improvements to make efficiencies and reduce waste.
Who you are:
- BSc or higher degree in Biological Science with competent, relevant work experience
- Prior experience in the following; Molecular Biology techniques including, but not limited to, Q-PCR, Gene Copy Q-PCR, Host Cell / Residual DNA, Cloning, Sequencing, Genetic Stability (e.g., Northern Blot, Southern Blot, Structural Analysis, Expression Construct Analysis, DNA Fingerprinting)
- Previous experience of working within quality driven systems (GxP) is required
- Excellent written communication skills with an attention to detail and record-keeping
- Ability to collaborate, communicate effectively and proven interpersonal skills to ensure projects are executed satisfactorily
- Strong organisational skills including ability to plan and organise own workload to ensure all deadlines are met or exceeded in fast paced client-driven environment, which will involve multiple projects and competing priorities
- Ability to work effectively either independently or as part of a team
- Computer literacy and entry of data into databases
- Takes personal responsibility to deliver client (internal and external) service to a consistently high standard
| || |
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com