A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
We are currently seeking a Senior Systems Engineer to join our multidisciplinary R&D team within our Life Science Research Solutions business. The candidate will be part of a product development team focused on consumables, hardware, and small instrumentation for the life science research market. This position is based in Seattle, WA and may require up to 10% domestic and international travel.
As a Senior Systems Engineer, you will lead cross-functional teams to define core attributes, establish technical specifications and provide technical support through development, production and commercialization of new products. You will be responsible for understanding the integration of various subsystems that make up core technologies of instrumentation. Additionally, you will have responsibility to establish, support and maintain detailed project plans, define risks and recommend contingency plans in collaboration with program manager and cross-functional team members.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Electro-mechanical, Bio-engineering, Electrical Engineering or other related Engineering discipline with 3+ years of systems engineering experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Electro-mechanical, Bio-engineering or Electrical Engineering, with 5+ years of professional experience
- Systems engineering experience developing electronic instruments or devices with embedded microprocessors.
- Experience with both product & process development and transitioning products from R&D into Manufacturing.
- The ability to utilize statistical methods to evaluate the capability and reliability of experimental results to draw meaningful conclusions and to summarize and present results in both written and oral reports is critical.
- Proven track record of technical leadership of a project from Inception to Product Release
- Proficient computer skills and experience with software-controlled products.
- Ability to apply a diverse knowledge of engineering principles to a broad range of assignments.
- Superior hands-on ability to prototype & troubleshoot, product, and process problems.
- Initiative and follow through in executing project responsibilities, overcoming obstacles, and balancing multiple priorities effectively.
- Expert knowledge of CAD (SolidWorks or Pro-E).
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to work in a matrix organization with multiple locations
- Effective planning and organizational skills
- Prior experience with projects that have external design, development and manufacturing partners
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.