A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
As a Search Application Admin, you will work with our Search & Catalog team to ensure a focus on the operational elements of our search services including designing new automated processes, managing infrastructure, maintaining and supporting a multitude of stacks, and integrating with the development teams. In your role, you will help make business decisions, solve complex technical problems, implement continuous improvement, and suggest process recommendations. An ability to write scripts to support operations, support development, and testing of advanced software will be helpful.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree in any scientific discipline
- 3+ years’ experience with developing and debugging Search platforms and integrations.
- Knowledge of the Agile software development methodology
- Ability to manage configuration, performance monitoring, and tuning (JVM, query optimization, cluster management, etc.).
- Experience supporting search solutions (Solr, Elasticsearch, or other Lucene-based platforms)
- Experience with developing monitoring and automation solutions.
- Experience with technology stacks such as Linux, Cloud (AWS or Azure), and Docker containers
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to express ideas clearly, confidently, and diplomatically
- Experience working with a globally distributed team
- Experience working in a team environment
- Experience with Restful Web services.
- Knowledge of JSON and XML parsing.
- Experience with databases and data stores such as Oracle and Casandra
- Programming or Scripting Experience (Java, C#, Python)
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.