A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
As a Search Application Analyst, you will work closely with both marketing/product management resources in our business units, and technical resources in our Information Systems department, to ensure a focus on delivering a world-class eCommerce search experience to our customers. In your role, you will use data analysis and research to create value and influence key business decisions. Utilizing an ability to draw insights will allow you to recommend changes to search algorithms including ranking and sorting of search results. You will be an expert on our Search platform so that you can create test scenarios, run QA tests, report results, troubleshoot issues and understand and report on customer search behavior. This role is also responsible for understanding, and ensuring, business requirements are met for any new development on a variety of backend systems by working with stakeholders, documenting where needed, testing and communicating the status of projects.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree in any scientific discipline
- 3+ years’ experience delivering effective eCommerce solutions.
- Master’s degree in any scientific discipline
- Experience with Solr, Elasticsearch, or other search engines
- Knowledge of the Agile software development methodology
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to express ideas clearly, confidently, and diplomatically
- Understanding of standard website search terminology (relevancy, conversion rate, bounce rate, etc.)
- Experience constructing analyses independently and proactively
- Experience with Project Management methods
- Experience working with a globally distributed team
- Experience with Google Analytics, Adobe Marketing Cloud or other website analytics
- Experience working in a team environment
- Experience with databases and exposure to Big Data
- Experience with Agile methodologies
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.