A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
The Manufacturing Supervisor will demonstrate a high level of competency and knowhow related to all aspects of technical cGMP biopharmaceutical buffer and media manufacturing. The Supervisor of MFF is also responsible for cGMP drug substance and drug product filling operations within a cGMP production facility.
In this role you will:
- Guide projects and team leaders to insure production projects are efficient, accurate, compliant, and the associated operators have the skill levels that match the related work.
- Responsible for leading the manufacturing staff working in the facility to meet corporate production goals, as well as influencing related, cross-functional groups to meet these objectives.
- Ensure the facility and equipment is maintained in a cGMP compliant state and ready for use.
- The employee must be able to work off-shifts, weekends, and additional hours as required.
- The employee must have the ability to perform very complex tasks with attention to detail.
- Ensure that the manufacturing facility operates according to cGMP regulations.
- Maintain operations within contracted guidelines in order to successfully produce high quality bulk and finished products.
- Build and maintain a staff that is both technically qualified and well trained in cGMP manufacturing, while providing a motivating environment and opportunities for their professional advancement in a safety conscious environment.
- Define, implement and optimize the manufacturing schedules.
- Ensure consistent product quality through appropriate manufacturing programs and by working with other groups such as Quality Control and Quality Assurance.
- Lead process trouble-shooting efforts.
- Develop, implement and update all production SOPs, Batch Records and other documentation needed for GMP production projects.
- Ensure that deviation reports are written accurately and appropriately as they occur. Track and implement corrective actions.
- Provide a safe working environment for employees.
- Evaluate employee efficiency and productivity.
- Spend 50% or more of time on work directly and closely related to carrying out exempt functions.
- Spend approximately 25% of time working in the facility, training and assisting the Technicians and Biologists.
- Well-honed priority and time management skills
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to work near moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- The employee may frequently be required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities by this job include close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- The employee must have the ability to perform moderately physical activity.
Who you are:
- Bachelor of Science degree in a science disciple
- 8+ years’ experience in Manufacturing Upstream and/or Downstream
- 4+ years of team leadership experience in a GMP environment
- 4+ years’ experience in and with aseptic manufacturing processes
- Lean Six Sigma methodologies experience preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of relevant unit operations preferred
- Experience in Bulk Drug UF/DF Formulation and sterile Filtration preferred
- Working knowledge of desktop computers and technical equipment
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.