A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our around 56,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Your role: As an Associate Scientist 2, working within our Virology team, you will be responsible for the performance of routine and custom GLP/GMP studies and good housekeeping, equipment maintenance and stock control to ensure the smooth running of the laboratories. The Virology team perform a wide variety of assays for the detection of infectious virus to support development and manufacturing processes within the pharmaceutical industry, making scientific observations and completing documentation to the required industry standards. Responsibilities include working within the laboratory following Standard Operating Procedures and relevant compliance regulations to ensure routine studies are completed on time and accurately recorded to meet appropriate scientific and GLP/GMP regulatory standards. The shift pattern for this role is Monday - Thursday 9am - 5pm & Friday 9am - 4pm (optional flexible working also included), as well as other benefits e.g. including 26 days holiday + bank holidays, generous pension scheme, private health care, great career opportunities with our multinational company and more.
Who you are:
- Educated to HND or higher qualification in Virology or associated Biological Science discipline
- Have previous experience in a scientific laboratory role, ideally within a GMP/GLP working environment
- Ideally have experience of microscopy, aseptic technique and cell culture, preferred from a commercial background
- Be experienced to a level where you can cope with volume outputs, as well as being solutions focused when faced with any problems or set-backs
- Be highly self-motivated, with strong initiative, facing challenges with energy, drive and the need to finish
- You will have a strong focus on quality and safety
- Demonstrate strong planning and organisational skills with the ability to prioritise
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Computer literate, prior knowledge of working with LIMS would be beneficial
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com