A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Facilities duties include but are not limited to maintaining buildings, performing preventive maintenance (PM) activities for equipment, completing work orders, monitoring pest control activities and performing routine inspections for assigned site. Maintaining a clean and safe working environment according to established environmental health & safety (EHS) procedures.
In this role you will repair and maintain facilities and equipment as assigned to ensure proper and safe access to site and safe operating conditions. Duties include the following: plumbing, electrical work, motor and controller repair, drywall repair, painting, maintenance of doors and lock sets, upkeep and service of pneumatic equipment, care and service of miscellaneous lab equipment, metal cutting with welding fabrication skills, general repairs and upkeep as needed. Additionally, you will as needed; work in conjunction with outside contractors and vendors in completion of tasks, perform janitorial/grounds keeping duties as assigned, assist with receiving duties, assist with equipment related activities including calibration and PM activities and as needed, serve as backup alarm responder for assigned facility. Ability to multi-task in a busy working environment, ability to facilitate response to facility/equipment alarms 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and the ability to adapt to rapidly changing business circumstances and have the ability to thrive in a constantly changing business environment will be necessary in this role. Successful candidates will also have demonstrated ability to organize work with strict attention to detail, ability to work independently, have excellent verbal and interpersonal communication skills. Basic computer skills will also be required in this role.
This role will ensure that all operations in the Facilities department comply with established company standards and policies. All work should be done within the established EHS practices to comply with all OSHA guidelines.
You may be required to perform additional duties as assigned.
Ability to frequently climb and work on stairs and ladders.
Ability to lift at minimum of 50lbs
Who You Are:
- High School Diploma OR GED required.
- 2+ years of facilities pluming, minor vehicle maintenance OR facility exterior building maintenance experience
- 2+ years grounds keeping experience required.
- 2+ years’ working experience with safety equipment such as: safety glasses, hearing protection, hard hat and protective clothing
- 2 + years’ working experience with hand tools such as: pliers, hammer, wrenches, sockets, files and screw drivers.
- 2 + years’ working experience with measurement tools such as: tapes measures, and levels
- 1+ years’ working experience in the building OR construction trades.
- 1 + years’ working experience in Material handling equipment such as: forklift, pallet jack, lift tables and wheeled carts
- 1 + years’ working experience with power tools such as: mowers, weed eaters, blowers, tractors, buffers, grinders, sanders and welder
- Valid CA driver’s license, with ability to drive an automobile to local suppliers for facility needs and Temecula site up to 25% of time
- Knowledge of basic refrigeration and HVAC preferred.
- Computer skills: a working knowledge in Microsoft Office is preferred.
- Knowledge for personal computer software applications in a business environment, Microsoft Office preferred.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.