A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
An exciting opportunity is available to join our organization as a Senior Automation Engineer. In this role, you will be responsible for working toward advancing new technologies in order to cut costs, improve quality and build efficiencies into existing chemical manufacturing models primarily within the Sheboygan Falls, WI site. A successfully candidate in this position will work toward introducing technologies such as automation, intelligent logistics, robotics, process analytics, etc. into the existing manufacturing models by:
- Modernization of logical control systems for plant equipment, facilities and processes to improve efficiency, product quality and working conditions;
- Ensuring that the system is in conformity with the standards and the associated technical documentation;
- Leading of projects or participation in technical and infrastructure projects;
- Coordination and processing of engineering tasks in the support area;
- Maintaining a high level of availability and operational safety of the systems through preventive and corrective maintenance;
- Actively seeking, cultivating, and coordinating resources from within the company that can aid modernization of plant equipment, facilities and processes;
- Developing relevant technologies both within and outside the company, continuously assessing feasibility of on-site implementation;
- Working toward building and maintaining a platform offering total process monitoring and control, potentially with advanced logic control - this may include, but not limited to manufacturing intelligence platform, PAT, predictive modelling, statistical process control, multi-variable analysis, automation and robotics;
- Addressing other important matters for completing the company's leadership objectives;
- Responsibly handling and resolving urgencies in the process of technical team management comprised of site leaders, engineers, scientists and subject matter experts;
- Offering abilities and experiences in developing systems necessary for building a program to offer preventative maintenance through real-time monitoring;
Who You Are:
- BS in automation engineering, chemical engineering, chemistry or related science required
- Minimum of ten years’ experience in life science- or chemistry-related manufacturing required
- Relevant professional backgrounds in information technology, electronic information engineering, automation, control engineering, more than 10 years relevant post education work experience
- Desired experience in systems such as Industrial 4.0, Automation, Robotics, IoT, Analytics, AI, etc.
- Significant project management experience, ability to work with operations as well as support function to achieve common digitalization goals
- MS or PhD in automation engineering, chemical engineering, chemistry or related science
- A relatively in-depth understanding of manufacturing-related business; experience in digital manufacturing, enterprise information planning, lean manufacturing, etc., with actual manufacturing process background
- Experience in production planning, production scheduling, automation planning, intelligent logistics construction experience
- Experience with manufacturing management system (MES), enterprise resource planning (ERP), product life cycle (PLM) and other large-scale management system software implementation experience
- Excellent leadership, team management capabilities, good communication and coordination ability
- Strong sense of responsibility, dedication, ability to solve problems independently and strong resistance to stress, able to adapt to high-intensity work and travel needs
- Strong market insight and resilience, good customer communication skills and written communication skills
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.