A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our around 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
We are looking for a Founder / Technology Lead for our newly established innovation project “Clean Meat” that is to be incubated within a start-up environment at our Innovation Center in Darmstadt. As part of the New Business Builder organization, you are responsible for masterminding and growing this new business with a focus on technology development, working hand in hand with a Co-Founder who is responsible for all commercial aspects of the business. As Founder you will be leading and coordinating global R&D teams working on cell line development, media development, fermentation, process development including scale-up. You identify target applications, lead product development, connect to the “Clean Meat” scientific and academic ecosystem, coordinate product scale-up, give directions for portfolio extensions and growth, drive the development of our IP basis, and guide discussions with regulatory bodies. You present the project internally and externally and are committed and skilled to transform great technology into commercial success.
Who you are:
- Master or PhD degree in life sciences, preferentially in biotechnology or pharmaceutical technology with specialization in upstream and downstream bioprocessing and experience in working with mammalian cell line is required, insect or other cell-lines would be an add-on
- In-depth experience in cell culture media, fermentation and process development within an industrial setting is a must; Experience in bioprocessing digitization, modeling and automation as well as prior exposure to “Clean Meat” related technologies is a plus
- 7+ years' work experience in the pharmaceutical, food, or biotechnology and bioprocessing industry; familiar with growth trends in the “Clean Meat” field
- Track record in building and leading cross-cultural and high performing R&D teams
- Hands-on work ethics and can-do entrepreneurial mentality
- Strategic thinker with an innovative mindset and capability for fast execution
- Flexible and willing to travel internationally (about 30% of time)
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com