A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our around 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
The Commercial Controller is the principal financial advisor and partner to the Commercial lead of APAC6, and their direct reports, for the Advanced Analytical product portfolio and Industrial & Testing customer segments.
Note: APAC6 corresponds to the following geographical scope: Greater China (incl. Hong Kong), Taiwan, Japan, South Korea, India, Singapore
He/She provides financial decision support on a wide scope of operational and strategic matters impacting the achievement of the business objectives. He/She manages all areas of financial support, including but not limited to financial reporting and forecasting, business analysis, and resource allocation. He/She supports in the budgeting process and prepares analysis and presentations needed for Business Partners and Controlling. He/She interacts effectively within a matrixed organization.
- Provides accurate & business-relevant analyses to support monthly controlling and business reviews, covering internal spending reports, sales monitoring, margin analyses and ad hoc requests.
- Integrates effectively across the company's matrixed organization; very effective lateral communication and coordination across groups, internal and external to the controlling function, to improve efficiency and achieve desired results
- Proactively identifies and communicates areas for financial improvement
- Liaises with our company counterparts, capturing best practices and aligning on standard, harmonized global processes
- Represents and lives our values
Personal skills and competencies
- Degree in finance or equivalent with at least 5 years relevant budgeting and financial planning experience.
- Strong understanding and application of financial principles, concepts, practices and standards.
- Good business acumen and judgement. Knowledge of products and industry trends a plus.
- Excellent communication skills in English is a must.
- Strong ability to interact with stakeholders and to create network across departments and geographies.
- Experience working in a highly matrixed, cross-functional and international environment
- Interaction with global colleagues & business partners may require occasional international travels
- Strong systems background:
- Advanced Microsoft Excel a must
- Proficiency as an end user of IBM TM1, Business Objects Web Intelligence, SAP BW and/or Scala ERP a strong asset.
- Experience in SAP ERP a plus.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com