A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Job Title: Senior Scientists, Gene Therapy
Job Location: EMD Millipore Corporation, 80 Ashby Road, Bedford, MA 01870
- Responsible for developing novel gene therapy viral vectors; Lentivirus and Adeno-associated virus vectors;
- Lead Technology Development projects for downstream processing of vectors and generate applications data to accomplish goals in a matrix organization;
- Lead product development projects within R&D; coordinating with project manager, product marketing, and operations;
- Represent Gene Editing and Novel Modalities Promise venture in industry consortiums, provide thought leadership at scientific platforms, work with internal and external collaborators;
- Act as subject matter expert (SME), delivering industrial workforce training for Gene Therapy Bioprocessing;
- As a lab manager, perform safety evaluation of lab and work with Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) office for biological safety controls (BSL-2), manage laboratory and scientific equipment, review research protocols and training records for lab scientists, and prepare the lab and take corrective actions for internal audits & assessments towards ISO Certification;
- Managerial responsibilities for associates and scientists including: performance review and goal setting to support organizational strategies and directing multiple research activities for building novel Gene Therapy bioprocessing capabilities;
- Act as technical lead scientist for viral vector purification, operation and optimization of clarification, tangential flow filtration, chromatography, and sterile filtration including process troubleshooting;
- Implement new upstream technologies for viral vector production using mammalian and insect cell lines in suspension and adherent cell culture systems; and
- Develop Scale-up and Tech Transfer platform processes for supporting GMP Clinical manufacturing of viral vectors.
Employer requires a Master’s degree in cell biology, biomedical engineering, biotechnology, chemical engineering or a closely related field. In addition, the employer requires the following:
- Two (2) years of experience in upstream and downstream processing in the biotechnology industry;
- Demonstrated experience with auditing through at least one (1) internal audit;
- Demonstrated knowledge with bioprocessing tools such as chromatography and filtration for viral vector manufacturing gained through one (1) year of work experience;
- Demonstrated knowledge of process development for Lentiviral Vector and Adeno-Associated Viral Vectors for gene therapy gained through one (1) year of work experience; and
- Demonstrated knowledge of laboratory analysis or experimentation as a purification specialist gained through one (1) year of work experience.
All years of experience and implementation may be gained concurrently.
This position is eligible for the EMD Millipore Corporation Employee Referral Program.
Qualified candidates should send resumes to:
EMD Millipore Corporation
ATTN: Req # 199727
400 Summit Drive
Burlington, MA 01803
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.