A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our around 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Your role: The Period-End-Close and Quality Processes team is in charge of the entire company reporting framework encompassing the financial and consolidation systems, data flow monitoring, implementation of the accounting principles and guidelines, as well as master data management. We are situated at the crossroads between the local Finance teams, Shared Services, Group Accounting, Controlling, Strategy/Projects and IT, bridging the gaps and enabling a functional end-to-end financial reporting process of the company. As we are transforming and expanding our scope, we are looking for capable, motivated people to join us on our journey. You will gain expertise in the group financial reporting principles and systems and act as the first point of contact. You support the Finance teams worldwide in the submission of Sales, Income Statement, Balance Sheet and other reporting packages to the Group. You also are tasked to oversee data consistency across the group systems and trigger preventive/corrective actions together with IT when necessary. You lead continual improvement initiatives in the related field as well as smaller scale projects within own field of work.
Who you are:
- a university degree in Finance & Accounting, Information Management Systems, or a related field;
- affinity for complex processes and a highly structured way of thinking;
- a good knowledge of ERP and/or consolidation systems (ideally SAP BPC, SAP BO Financial Consolidation); advanced Excel skills are a must;
- 5+ years of professional experience in financial reporting, ideally in a central role (group head office, regional office);
- a good understanding of the financial reporting principles and packages, charts of accounts and consolidation.
- a collaborative, energic, passionate self-starter willing to see uncertainties and non-defined terrain as an opportunity;
- willing to take over responsibility and are confident in interacting across all hierarchy levels including senior management;
- a team player with a high degree of self-confidence, able to challenge the status quo in a productive and forward-looking way;
- happy to work in a truly global structure with no immediate manager on site;
- fluent in English; German will also give you an advantage.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com